Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant and Cantina


It is no secret that I love Mexican food. Seriously, if my penchant for fish and shrimp tacos didn't give it away, my love of chips and salsa would. I have said many times that if I had to choose a last meal, it would involve chips and salsa.A good day is one that starts with salsa for breakfast. 

Lucky for me, we have a couple of really good Mexican restaurants in Scottsboro, Alabama. Margaritas Mexican Restaurant and Cantina is one of them. Located near Foodland in the County Park Plaza Shopping Center on the John T. Reid Parkway, Margaritas is one of my favorite places to get my Mexican food fix and it is (for me) conveniently located. There are several reasons why I love Margaritas.

First of all, Margaritas has excellent salsa, cheese dip and guacamole. I could make a meal with these three dips and a basket of Margaritas' salty tortilla chips. The only thing that could make these better would be if Margaritas started making the guacamole table side. I do love that little ritual of ordering guacamole and having it made right before my eyes. But I am still happy with the freshly made dips at Margaritas. The cheese is white and velvety, the salsa, spicy and smooth and the guacamole is creamy but still with chunks of avocado, peppers and cilantro. 


One thing that Margaritas has that my family really enjoys is a huge buffet. The bountiful buffet includes everything from sauces, salads and fresh fruits to entrees, sides and desserts. We often hit up the buffet at Margaritas on Sunday after church. We know we can get in, choose from a wide array of dishes, eat, and still get out quickly to enjoy the rest of our Sunday afternoon. I don't know what half the dishes on the buffet are called, but I have enjoyed every single one I have tasted. I especially love the churros, sopapillas, and cinnamony Mexican donuts.


The other thing I love about Margaritas is the staff's willingness to accommodate special requests whenever possible. For instance, they have never batted an eye when I ask them to make my grilled shrimp taco with only lettuce, pico de gallo and sliced avocado. And they always get it right, no matter how odd my request might be. 

Finally, for those of you who think you can't get a Mexican dish to fit with your low carb diet, you obviously have not seen this beautiful creation from Margaritas. It is called Guacamole Margarita and is made with grilled jumbo shrimp, chopped and combined with shredded pork, avocado slices, and pico de gallo. I even asked if I could have it with lettuce and they graciously served it all on a bed of chopped lettuce. The dish was then topped off with fresh slices of lime and orange. It was gorgeous and healthy. 

If you happen to be near Scottsboro and have a hankering for some delicious Mexican food, I urge you to give Margaritas a try. I think you will be happy you did. 


Three Friends and a Fork gives Margaritas Mexican Restaurant and Cantina 
3 Muy Delicioso Yums UP!


Margaritas Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon buzzoole code
Three Friends and a Fork
Three Friends and a Fork

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

No comments:

Post a Comment