Followers

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How Do You Cut It?



The most important piece of equipment in my kitchen happens to one of the most basic. It is my chef's knife and since Christmas is upon us and this knife would make a wonderful, affordable gift for any foodie on your Christmas list, I thought I would share. I actually have several different knives, but the one I use the most is probably the least expensive. It is my Victorinox Fibrox Swiss 8" Chef's Knife. This is the same famous Swiss company that produces Swiss army knives. I am not kidding when I say it is affordable. It sells for $34.50 on Amazon, but it works like a far more expensive knife. When I tell you I use it everyday, I am not kidding about that either, because I happen to have three of these knives. I bought one and liked it so much, I went out and got myself two more. I like everything about it, the size the, shape and the quality.

This knife first came to my attention when I read a review in America's Test Kitchen magazine. In a comparison of several well known chef's knives, the Victorinox got high marks in every single category from handle and blade to various uses, such as chopping, mincing and butchering. I love the way the knife fits in my hand, it isn't too big or too small and the 8" length is just right for almost any job. Additionally, the Victorinox comes with a lifetime warranty. If you are looking for a great, inexpensive gift for any cooks on your gift list, take a look at the Victorinox Fibrox.  Here's a link...


Three Friends and a Fork
Three Friends and a Fork

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

No comments:

Post a Comment