Followers

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cake Decorating: Part 2




 I told you about some cake decorating kits from DeAgostini that I have had the opportunity to check out. Last week I focused on the first kit. Now I get to tell you about the second kit. 

Cake Decorating kit two came with three guides, plus two star cookie cutters, a modeling tool, three reusable piping bags, a decorating tip and coupler set, a set of alphabet embossers and the previously mentioned binder. That's lots of cool equipment and there are also tons of recipes and techniques, so let's check it out.

The Mini Cakes for lessons two, three and four are iced petit fours, monogram cookies, and rose topped cupcakes. Essential Equipment included decorating tips, embossing tools, and modeling tools. Classic Recipes were carrot cake, New York style cheesecake, and Chocolate Marble cake, while the Special Occasions cakes were a Blossom cake, India inspired swirl cakes, and a Big Bow cake. The Cakes for Kids included farm animal cupcakes, a Patchwork ABC cake, and Rainbow Whoopie Pies. Finally, the Decorating Masterclass focused on piping basics, leveling, trimming and layering cakes, and working with fondant. As I said, that's a lot! Other recipes included chocolate cookies, cinnamon cake, Madeira cake, almond buttercream, banana cupcakes, and rosewater cupcakes. Whew! Are you tired yet?

The very first mini cakes lesson involves making petit fours. My parents had a cake and catering shop for years and the one thing I remember is how much my daddy hated making petit fours. People loved them however, and kept ordering them. So he decided to raise the price in the hopes that  people would quit ordering the hateful little cakes. But, no! They kept right on ordering! No matter how many times he raised the prices, he could not get people to quit ordering petit fours. You might think I would skip right over this section, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Here is my chance to find out what it was about petit fours that made my daddy despise them so much.  I can't wait to try the petit fours out! I will be sure to let you know how it works out for me and if I hate petit fours as much as my daddy!

As you can see, there is a lot packed into kit number two. I would think this kit would keep you busy with new tips, recipes and techniques for weeks!


This Cake Decorating Kit was provided by Learn how to create beautiful cakes for testing purposes through ALWB. No other compensation was given.



Three Friends and a Fork
Three Friends and a Fork

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

No comments:

Post a Comment